Looking for a way to keep teens engaged in learning this summer? With Google Play’s Change The Game Design Challenge initiative, kids ages 13-18 have the chance to participate in a game development workshop, create a playable game, and receive a brand new Chromebook upon finishing. So cool, right? Here’s how it works:
- Between May 11th and July 31st, interested teens should submit their awesome idea for an original mobile game, along with a written statement about why they’re passionate about gaming or what change they’d like to see in the gaming industry. They will need a parent or legal guardian to submit their entry.
- Google Play will assess the submissions on a rolling basis and select about 50 participants for the opportunity to participate in a customized workshop. (Hint: Get those entries in ASAP!)
- These “Jam Sessions” will start up in June. The program will take place over the course of four sessions, including a tech set-up.
- Epic Change The Game swag
- Getting to work on design, animation, and publishing with experts in the game development field
- A playable prototype of their own game
- A certificate of completion
- A Chromebook for participants who clock the entire course
Know kids 13-18 who would be interested in participating in Google Play’s Change The Game Design Challenge?
Share this information with parents and students and send them here: